Surry Hills Sightseeing
Surry Hills Venues
- The Gaelic - 64 Devonshire St - T: (02) 9211 1687 - Shows are intimate and the venue has a worn, very live feel. From rock to drum'n'bass, you'll see your favourite bands here and find new ones, too.
- The Hopetoun Hotel - 416 Bourke St - T: (02) 9361 5257 - See Sydney’s best local indie bands at this intimate venue.
- Bar Cleveland - 433 Cleveland St - T: (02) 9698 1908 - DJs starting from 7:30 on weekends. Learn how to Salsa on Tue and Thu nights. Cost applies, so see website for details
- Clock Hotel - 470 Crown St - T: (02) 9331 5333 - Offering a bistro, bar and regular games, the Clock Hotel is a great place to meet locals.
- Bat and Ball Hotel – 495 Cleveland St - T: (02) 9699 3782 - Tuesday nights are “Fresh Sets” where you can see up and coming performers play live starting at 7pm. Wednesday nights give you the chance to hustle in the big pool competition in hopes of claiming the $100 1st prize. Win another $100 prize here by joining in on Sunday afternoon poker.
Surry Hills Festival Day
A Surry Hills festival day is held every April from 10am – 6pm with live music, market stalls, fashion shows and dog shows. The event is run as a fundraiser for the Neighbourhood Centre and takes place in Alfred Park.
Surry Hills Markets
Surry Hills Markets are held on the first Saturday of every month at the corner of Crown and Collins Streets in Shannon Reserve, regardless of weather.
More Surry Hills Activities
Pop on over to the Brett Whiteley Gallery or the Blank Space Gallery if you are in the mood for some art inspecting. If still life is not enough, be sure to make your way over to the Belvoir Street Theatre for a live performance or two, while those craving popcorn can get a show on the big screen at Hoyts Cinema Paris just over in Moore Park.
- Brett Whiteley Gallery - 2 Raper St - T: 1800 679 278
- Blank Space Gallery - 374 Crown St
- Belvoir St Theatre - 25 Belvoir St - T: (02) 9699 3444
- Hoyts Cinema Paris - Bent St, Moore Park - T: (02) 9332 1633