Darlinghurst Live Music & Entertainment
Oxford Street, today perhaps more popular than Kings Cross, runs through Darlinghurst and provides an uncountable number of nightclubs for both the gay and straight communities to enjoy. On Oxford Street, there is never a dull moment, and the entertainment is definitely not hard to find.
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardis Gras
Mardi Gras, the annual Gay and Lesbian event in Sydney, takes place in March with the parade primarily featured on Oxford Street. The parade occurs at the end of the festival and encompasses many suburbs around the area.
Sydney Italian Festival
The Sydney Italian Festival occurs annually at the end of May and features stages of entertainment, DJs, various performers and, most of all, great Italian food. You'll find various festival events held throughout Darlinghurst and the rest of Sydney.
For a little bit of history, visit the Australian Museum, the Jewish Museum, the old Darlinghurst Gaol or the old courthouse in Taylor Square.
- Australian Museum - 6 College St, Sydney - T: (02) 9320 6000
- Sydney Jewish Museum - 148 Darlinghurst Rd - T: (02) 9360 7999
- Darlinghurst Gaol - Forbes St - T: (02) 9339 8744
- Darlinghurst Courthouse - Forbes St - T: (02) 9368 2947
Darlinghurst Cinema & Theatre
For some quality films, the Palace Cinemas is located just on Oxford Street, or for some live theatre, check out the SBW Stables Theatre in Kings Cross.
- Palace Cinemas - 3a Oxford St, Paddington - T: (02) 9361 4453
- SBW Stables Theatre - 10 Nimrod St, Kings Cross - T: (02) 9361 3817