Sydney has many different clubs to tempt any musical taste. Whether you like R'n'B, dance or a good old fashioned piano bar then Sydney has you covered. Here are a few clubs to try that not only deliver on the music but some offer free entry and drinks specials too!
- The Retro on Sussex Street is a no frills kind of club. There are 5 levels at The Retro each playing different types of music. The floors play general dance and chart tracks, some of the classics, dance and urban, and all you lovers of the 1980s have a dedicated level which is usually the busiest floor by the end of the night! $5 drinks on a Friday 5-7pm and from 7pm until 9pm The Retro has games and complimentary canapes to give you dancing fuel. Check out their website as they often have themed nights and competitions.
- If you want to be seen, then The Ivy is a natural choice. This decadent club is home to some of the best DJs, and celebrities and socialites head here when they are in town. No drink specials here, if you have to ask the price of something this won't be the club for you. But if you enjoy getting glammed up to hit the town for some serious dance music then $20 will get you in. The Ivy should be your home on a Saturday night!
- Bungalow 8 is a fun place to go to get your groove on. Popular with younger crowds, this place offers great dance music and $5 house drinks on a Friday 5pm-7pm with free entry before 10pm. They serve great food here too, so enjoy an early dinner and happy hour drinks before you dance the night away.
- Looking to experience the full cultural diversity of Sydney? Then head to Darlinghurst and the Gaslight Inn. This is a sticky floor kind of place but a really great atmosphere with every type of person coming together to have a good time. There's a dance floor where you can dance like nobody's watching and you won't get sneered at. A great place to feel comfortable in your own skin.
- Minsky's is the place to go when everywhere else is shut and you want to keep on dancing. Above the Cremorne Hotel is a strange, dark little place called Minsky's. It has John the Piano Man cranking out tunes from Elton John to the Australian classics. If you're the type of person who loves to get sing along to the classics then this is place for you.