This weekend is set to bright and sunny, so what a better way to spend it than at Bondi Beach? Bondi Beach is the most popular beach in Sydney and is rightly known as one of the best beaches in the world. Spend a day playing in the surf, relaxing on the sand, then start the night with drinks at one of Bondi's many pubs.
Bondi Beach is the destination of choice for many Sydney-siders whenever the sun is shining. Getting to Bondi Beach is easy on public transport. Catch one of the Sydney Buses routes 380 or 333 from Sydney city to be dropped off right next to the beach. Or catch the train to Bondi Junction then get on a bus for a quick ride to the beach.[caption id="attachment_1510" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="View of Bondi Beach from Bondi Icebergs"][/caption]
Sun, Surf and Sand on Bondi Beach
Once you've got your feet in the sand on Bondi Beach, roll out your beach towel and enjoy the sun - just make sure you've put on SPF 30+ sunscreen because you don't want to ruin your day by getting sunburnt! If you plan on swimming remember to swim between the yellow and red flags, these areas have gentler surf and are constantly patrolled by lifesavers.
Bondi's famous surfers are found at the southern end of the beach, so grab your surfboard and ride some waves with the locals. If you want to learn to surf, head to the Bondi Pavilion where you'll be able to get more information on lessons.
Bondi Markets and Shopping
Bondi Markets are open every Sunday from 10am to 4pm located at Bondi Beach Public School on Campbell Parade, just across the road from Bondi Beach. The Bondi Markets are a great place to buy locally crafted fashion and jewellery as well as vintage and antique homewares and more.
If you want to peruse some shops before or after going to the beach, the majority of stores are along Campbell Parade and Bondi Road. As you're in Bondi, you'll find many surf stores as well as shops selling the latest fashion, gifts, music, books and local art.
Bondi Beach Pubs and Hotels
After a day soaking up the sun on Bondi Beach, head to some of these great pubs and hotels to unwind over a drink with friends.
- BB's Bar Bondi - 78 Campbell Pde - BB's offers a relaxed atmosphere with live music, good food and a popular place for drinks amongst locals.
- Beach Road Hotel - 71 Beach Rd - Beach Road Hotel offers the best live music in Bondi with live music from established and up and coming Australian bands playing almost every night of the week.
- Bondi Icebergs - 1 Notts Ave - Icebergs is famous for the Bondi Baths, a 50 metre saltwater pool, set against the Bondi waves, but it is also a great place to go for a drink at the Unsinkable Bar which offers a breathtaking view of Bondi Beach.
- Hotel Bondi - 178 Campbell Pde - Close to the beach and offers many bars and good pub food.
- Ravesi's - 118 Campbell Pde - Ravesi's is known as the place to be seen in Bondi, so head to Ravesi's if you're after a stylish drink amongst the beautiful people.